In the event of a medical emergency:
- Call 911 and give dispatcher:
- Your address
- Company name
- Floor and suite number
- Describe the nature of the emergency
- Notify the Management Office at 703-761-7577. We may or may not be able to help, but we will arrange for emergency service elevator standby.
- Send someone down to the lobby to meet ambulance attendants at main building entrance.
- Keep victim warm.
- Determine, if possible, patient's details:
- Name, address and age
- Nature of illness
- Known allergies/currently taking any medications
- Local doctor and last treated
- Telephone number of closest relative
- Comfort and reassure the patient with a calming tone of voice.
- DO NOT MOVE THE VICTIM, DO NOT LIFT HEAD OR NECK, further injury could result.
- Monitor breathing for any change.
- Help the victim rest comfortably.
- Give rescue squad all above information upon their arrival.