The following pages contain important information and regulations for all tenant space alterations:
Contractor Rules and Regulations
- All demolition, construction and painting that may be disturbing to other building occupants must be done before or after normal business hours: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday - Friday and 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Saturday.
- Demolition, construction equipment, trash, building materials, etc., may only be brought into or out of the building through the loading dock area and in the freight elevator, before or after normal business hours.
- Tenant will notify the Property Manager of the start and completion dates, hours and days the workmen will be in the building and any changes.
- Use of the freight elevator must be scheduled in advance through the management office by calling (703) 761-7577.
- All construction debris must be removed from the building in suitable containers so as not to create any disturbance, damage to the building, trash or additional cleaning for building employees. Adequate precautions must be taken to protect building common areas (i.e. floors, walls, doors, elevators, etc.). Failure to do so may result in an assessment for damages.
- No construction debris or material may be left in or around the building (i.e. hallways, elevator, lobbies or loading dock area) even on a temporary basis and may not be deposited in the building’s trash receptacles.
- Workmen will conduct themselves in a reasonable manner (i.e. shall not use profanity, create a nuisance to other, building occupants, loitering in the building, etc.).
- Any alterations / deviation from the approved plans must be submitted to Quadrangle Management, Inc. on behalf of the landlord, for review and written approval prior to proceeding with the work.
- All contractors should provide for their own parking off site or pay for parking in the building’s garage. Vehicles found parked in the loading area/alley will be towed.
All contractors and subcontractors are required to submit a Certificate of Insurance as follows. The information below should be included in the certificate of insurance description block:
8000 Towers Crescent Drive, Vienna, VA - Tycon Tower I Investment Limited Partnership; QDC Property Management, Inc.; Prudential Insurance Company of America; AEW Capital Management, L.P., as well as the partners, affiliates subsidies, members, shareholders, agents, employees, directors and officers of each are named as additional insureds as required by written contract with a waiver of subrogation provisions in favor of all additional insureds under the general liability and workers compensation policies.
8010 / 8020
8010 / 8020 Towers Crescent Drive, Vienna, VA - Towers Crescent LLC; QDC Property Management, Inc.; Wells Fargo Bank, NA; AEW Capital Management, L.P., as well as the partners, affiliates subsidies, members, shareholders, agents, employees, directors and officers of each are named as additional insureds as required by written contract with a waiver of subrogation provision in favor of all additional insureds under the general liability and workers compensation policies.
1850 Towers Crescent Plaza, Vienna V - 1850 Towers Crescent Plaza, LLC; QDC Property Management, Inc.; AEW Capital Management, L.P., as well as the partners, affiliates subsidies, members, shareholders, agents, employees, directors and officers of each are named as additional insureds as required by written contract with a waiver of subrogation in favor of all additional insureds under the general liability and workers compensation policies:
QDC Property Management, Inc.
Towers Crescent Drive
Vienna, Virginia 22182
Requirements of Tenant and Tenant Contractors
- Tenant shall submit Contractor’s credentials to Landlord for approval prior to start of construction.
- Tenant or Tenant’s Contractor shall obtain all necessary permits, conduct inspections and obtain a new Certificate of Occupancy for the space. A copy of the Building Permit and the original Certificate of Occupancy shall be furnished to the Landlord.
- Tenant shall not make any modifications to Landlord’s Base Building Systems without Landlord’s written permission and any and all required modifications shall be at Tenant’s sole cost and expense. Landlord’s review of plans shall not constitute approval to modify base building systems.
- A full time qualified superintendent employed by the General Contractor shall be on site at all times while work is being performed in the space.
- Tenant and Tenant’s Contractor agree to be bound and comply with Landlord’s rules attached hereto and restrictions regarding Contractor activities.
- Landlord shall be named as an additional insured on Contractor’s Liability Policy and a Certificate of Insurance shall be provided prior to start of construction. The liability policy shall be for not less than five (5) million dollars.
- Tenant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Landlord harmless from any claims, actions or suits resulting from Tenant’s construction activities.
- Prior to final payment by Tenant to Tenant’s Contractor, Tenant shall obtain a final Release of Lien and Waiver of Claims and furnish a copy to the Landlord.
- In the event a lien is filed as a result of Tenant’s work, tenant shall within three (3) business days have the lien removed from record or otherwise discarded.
Prior to final payment to Tenant’s Contractor, Tenant shall meet with the Landlord who will provide a list of all areas damaged by the Tenant’s Contractor(s). Tenant agrees to promptly and properly repair all damaged areas to Landlord’s satisfaction and at no cost to Landlord prior to final payment.