In the event you find someone trapped in the elevator, please follow these procedures and notify the Property Management Office as soon as possible at (703) 761-7577.
- Communicate with trapped passengers.
- Inform them they are safe.
- Inform them help is in progress.
- Instruct passengers to stand clear of door. (Do not attempt to open the doors)
- Request number of passengers trapped.
- Request status of passengers (any ill or hurt).
- Ask if lights are on.
- Ask if they have their location (i.e. floor number).
- Keep passengers informed on status of situation.
- Inform the passengers a phone is available at the front of the elevator that will connect directly to the QDC Solution Center. This phone can be used to obtain an estimated time when help will arrive, if they have a medical emergency or they have an urgent message to be relayed.
Please remain in the vicinity until Property Management has arrived to handle this situation.